AnthroSites assists clients in implementing Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest – plus whatever else you like – in their social media marketing strategy. All websites we design come with social media sharing at no extra charge for those keen to take advantage of this super hot marketing channel.
Social networks, which provide platforms for online users to connect, share, and build relationships with others online, have forever altered the lives of individuals, communities, and societies all over the world.
Key members of AnthroSites’ team have been actively engaged in social media marketing since 2004. Even those who had to be dragged in kicking and screaming can now be found sneaking peeks at Twitter or Facebook.
Social media marketing (SMM) is an important part of the communication strategy of many website owners.
According to comScore, social networking sites now reach 82% of the world’s online population, representing 1.2 billion users around the world.
ComScore issued a report recently about social networking and where it is headed. Among the key findings are:
- Social networking is the most popular online activity worldwide. As a percentage of all the time people spend online, social networking activity has more than tripled in the last few years. Since October 2011, social networking ranked as the most popular content category in worldwide engagement, accounting for 19 percent of all time spent online. Nearly 1 in every 5 minutes spent online is now spent on social networking sites.
- Social networking behavior both transcends and reflects regional differences around the world. The growth of social networking is a global cultural phenomenon. Despite significant differences in government, infrastructure, availability of Internet access and cultural practices around the world, social networking is growing in every single country.
- It’s not just young people using social networking anymore – it’s everyone. Some might be under the impression that social networking is “just for kids”. There was some truth to that. However, in the last 18 to 24 months, that has changed completely. Social networking reach in older segments has all but caught up in 2015, to the point where it’s now quite similar across age groups. In fact, users 55 and older represent the fastest growing segment in social networking usage.
What implications does this have for you, your enterprise, and your website? Many & major is the answer, providing you want to reach out to new readers, customers, donors, subscribers, or more people to support your cause.
Social media is a very effective marketing tool and 8 out of 10 companies of all sizes are already using it, to greater and lesser degrees.
As with our web design, our social media marketing is based on scientific studies and findings on the best and most empowering practices.
AnthroSites will create a social media strategy for you based on scientific studies on what are the most successful and empowering practices.
Ever wonder what the best day to post on Facebook is? Or how to generate a hot tweet? What Mark Zuckerberg had for breakfast? (Just kidding …)
One thing to note is that each industry is different. If technology is your industry, for example, Mondays are the best days to post, as interaction rates are 30 percent higher than average on the first day of the work week.
In travel and leisure, it is later in the week when more Facebook Page fans interact. Interaction starts climbing on Thursdays and reaches its peak on Sundays, when interaction is 19 percent higher than average.
Did you know that photo posts receive interaction rates 39 percent higher than average and posts with 80 characters or less receive 23 percent higher interaction than longer posts?
An important feature of a successful social media strategy is to engage often with customers and post frequently with a variation of photos, links, and videos, and give quality information even though it may not always be about your own business.
Facebook is a global leader in social networking
Ever wonder what the best day to post on Facebook is? Social media and inbound marketing are increasingly important assets for businesses to get found by and engage with potential buyers on the web.
Facebook offers exceptional, low cost marketing opportunities for individuals, businesses, promoters, and campaigners.
As of the third quarter of 2015, Facebook had 1.55 billion monthly active users.
By and large, Facebook has proven to be a dominant global force in social networking that shows no signs of slowing down. Businesses are moving away from traditional marketing efforts, and the customer and business relationship is changing.
Here are few goals Amanda Sibley at HubSpot recommends business owners set on Facebook:
- Get found by people who are searching for your products or services.
- Promote the content you create including webinars, eBooks, blog articles, press releases, videos, and photos.
- Connect and engage with current and potential followers and customers.
- Create a community around your business.
- Generate leads and customers for your business.
Twitter and micro blogging
To date, Twitter reaches 1 in 10 Internet users worldwide to rank among the top social networks, and posted an impressive growth rate of 59% over the past year.
As of the third quarter of 2015, the microblogging service averaged at 307 million monthly active users.
Twitter is an online communication tool that combines the best elements of social networking, blogging and messaging.
Twitter allows people to post concise 140 character messages, which are published on their publicly viewable page.
We integrate social media sharing for all clients who want their sites to be found – & seen. For those who don’t, well, we don’t – your site may not need this. We listen to you, then discuss how best to manifest what it is you’re after – exactly.
One of the things that makes Twitter so powerful from a communications perspective is that you can “re-tweet” something you find interesting from a person you are following to your own followers, who can then re-tweet it to his or her followers and so on.
Popular re-tweets can reach a large audience very quickly. Interestingly, the use of Twitter around the world has not been limited to interpersonal communication among friends.
Twitter has been used as a central means of communication during events of worldwide and national significance, ranging from political uprisings in the Middle East to environmental disasters, such as the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
Get noticed and promote your website,
ideas and service on social networks